Humane Society International, Australia works to build a world where people treat animals and the environment with respect and compassion.
HSI is the only international group working in the region on saving endangered species; improving legislation that impacts animals and the environment; reducing cruelty in farming and industry; improving the welfare of domestic animals; and increasing habitat devoted to conservation.
The Fundraising Manager is a new role and reports to the CEO. The Fundraising Manager will increase philanthropic support for HSI Australia from individual donors and foundations.
This key position will develop a fundraising strategy to continue to engage current donors and to acquire new donors to ensure future growth; with a focus on ROI and cost efficiencies. They must have excellent budget management skills and a track record of meeting or exceeding revenue projections.
The Fundraising Manager will have an excellent understanding of direct mail fundraising, digital fundraising and working with major donors and foundations. They should be experts in segmentation to maximise the effectiveness of each fundraising stream.
- developing and implementing a fundraising strategy for HSI to ensure future growth and sustainability;
- managing the donor liaison team dealing with the mail, supporter inquiries and database management;
- developing a new digital fundraising stream;
- developing and managing all current appeals;
- managing revenue projections and budgeting;
- managing and growing the bequest program.
- at least 10 years’ experience and demonstrated success in a senior fundraising position;
- demonstrated success in developing and managing digital fundraising strategies;
- excellent understanding of ThankQ database or similar;
- excellent interpersonal skills and experience working in a small team;
- excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- commitment to the vision and mission of HSI.
This position will work with the CEO to take HSI Australia to the next level; continuing to nurture our dedicated donors and building new income streams to help sustain and grow our campaign and program work.
Applications to Erica Martin, Humane Society International, PO Box 439, Avalon, NSW 2107 or to email@example.com. Applications close 7th December 2017.