help fund raise
Help raise funds and awareness of our work by organising or taking part in a fund-raising activity.
There are lots of ways you can help raise funds, whether it is taking part in a fun run, organising a raffle, selling bric-a-brac or bringing your friends together for a coffee morning.
- Our A to Z of fund-raising (download PDF 319 kB) ideas will help you think of an idea.
- Or you could raise funds by taking part in an established event, like the Sydney City2Surf or a local fun run. Click here for some major events happening in capital cities across Australia - these are great opportunities for you to raise sponsorship monies for HSI.
- An easy way to raise funds using the internet is to set-up your own fund-raising page on everydayhero.com.au and select Humane Society International as your chosen charity.
- Organise or register for your chosen fund-raising event or activity. Ask your family, friends and work colleagues to help organise and promote your fund-raising.
- Tell everyone you know! If you decide to set-up a fund-raising page on everydayhero.com.au, use their on-line tools to email your family, friends, and colleagues and ask them to pass it onto their networks. All the monies raised using your Everyday Hero fund-raising page come directly to HSI, making it easy for you and us. Donors received a personalised tax deductible donation receipt immediately via email.
- Karma Currency - Whether you’re running a marathon, climbing a mountain, shaving your hair or simply celebrating your birthday, you can make a world of difference to the Humane Society International through setting up your own free Fund-raising Project Pages (individually or as teams) with your goals, photos, videos and blogs. With unlimited access to share your Fund-raising page via emails, facebook, twitter, posters and widgets, there is no limit to the difference you can make.
Please let us know about your fund-raiser – we would love to hear from you. Call HSI on (02) 9973 1728 or 1800 333 737. Alternatively send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Involve Your School
Our program to protect the last of the Mountain Gorillas has been funded largely by the recycling of old mobile phones.
This is a two way benefit as Coltan, the mineral necessary for mobile phones is mined in Mountain Gorilla habitat, so the more Coltan we can recycle, the less habitat is denuded by intrusive mining and we receive up to $5 for every returned phone, which goes immediately to the Congo to pay the wages of the anti-poaching patrols that help protect the last of these magnificent creatures.
Many students and some schools have offered to distribute the bags to the students. Each satchel can take up to 4 phones and simply need to be placed in a street postal box or given to any Post Office, there is absolutely no charge to the school or the students. All information on the phone is stripped on arrival and they will be completely broken down and all materials reused.
If you are a student or teacher and would like to register your school, download the registration form and send it to us or contact us at email@example.com for more information
There are many different ways to raise funds for HSI. Many fundraising platforms allow you to create your own event, sign up to an existing event, donate on a regular basis or through workplace giving, or even register gifts for special occasions. HSI is a registered charity for a number of online charity platforms and you can click though to register yourself and let your friends and family know of your hard work and selfless efforts on behalf of the animals.
Personal stories from HSI supporters raising funds in their community
- Member Fund-raising stories click here
- Learn more about and contribute your support our members as they participate in any number of charity runs around the country, such as Sun Herald City2Surf, or The Age Run Melbourne
- Read how one HSI supporter's dedication to helping HSI's project to stop the misery of the dancing bears of India led her to organise a fund-raising raffle. Click here.
- The plight of the working donkeys of Chad in North Africa inspired this HSI supporter to relinquish personal possessions in an effort to raise money to help them. Read more.
- This young HSI supporter was going to help relieve the suffering of the Dancing Bears of India even if it took shaving off her hair!! Read more
- HSI's youngest supporter amazed us all and even became a celebrity in a local newspaper when word got around about his passionate fund-raising to help end the misery of the dancing bears of India. Read more
- Many school students have shown interest in raising money to help HSI's campaigns for animal protection and conservation. Click here to read the inspirational story of a Year 8 fundraising effort.
Sell Raffle Tickets
Selling raffle tickets is a great way for you to help HSI raise funds. We are currently compiling a list of supporters who have indicated they would like to help the animals in this way. Once we have enough people interested we will start organising and contact those who volunteered to recruit their help.
If you are interested in selling raffle tickets for HSI please email our office