Project News - Journals from the Field
They are the stories from the front-line of wildlife rescue and conservation in Asia, India and Africa. We will bring you the stories and news as they come to hand from our on-the-ground teams working to protect animals and their habitats.
- Kahuzi-Biega National Park Program Report (June 2014) download pdf (4405kB)
- Read the 2014 progress report from South Luangwa Conservation Society (SLCS) download pdf (1333kB)
- The Painted Dog Conservation have released a special project update (May 2014), to read the latest news download pdf (336kB)
- Read the latest news from Painted Dog Conservation Jan-March 2014 Quarterly Update - Peter and Jealous' World Tour download PDF (715 kB)
- Read the latest news from Education for Nature (Vietnam). Summary Report: An evaluation of the outcomes of prosecutions for serious wildlife crimes in Vietnam - download PDF (662.51 kB)
To read the latest news from HSI Project Partner ProFauna click here
Read the 1st Annual Report (27th & 28th Bi-annual Reports combined) from The West Kilimanjaro Conservation Project, supported by HSI - download PDF (7,099 kB)
- Education for Nature (Vietnam) have released a new advert to encourage the public to avoid the use of traditional medicine made from tiger bones – you can view it by clicking here
- HSI provided funding to support the work of the dick white charitable foundation who organised a conference for Cuban veterinarians in April 2013 to help improve their expertise and skills. Tt was held in conjunction with the Cuban Scientific Veterinary Council in support of a charity named aniplant who are dedicated to caring for and reducing the street dogs and cats in the capital - click here to find out more.
- Project Partner Wildlife SOS - a leopard on the loose in the city of Aurangabad has been rescued in a risky and dangerous ten hour long operation (July 2013). click here for the full story.
- A saddening June special project update from our Zimbabwean Project Partners Painted Dog Conservation, "Ester: alpha female of the Kutanga pack" - download the pdf by clicking here (377kb)
- Project Partner ProFauna shares some good news for sea turtle conservation as approximately 10,000 turtle eggs are confiscated in east Borneo - click here to read more.
- Project Partner Wildlife SOS - a wild sloth bear is rescued near Agra (April 2013). this work is funded by HSI Australia through the Forestwatch program - click here for the full story.
- Read the 4th quarter final report for January - March 2013 from the South Luangwa Conservation Society's project 'Supporting the Anti-poaching activities of SLCS village scouts to reduce elephant mortalities from snaring" co-funded by HSI Australia and the Born Free Foundation - click here (pdf 1.07mb) - April 2013
- Click here for the latest report (February-March 2013) from HSI Australia Project Partner Zambia Primate Project (pdf 903kb)
- Wildlife SOS recognized for contributions to wildlife conservation, animal welfare & social causes - click here - December 2012
- Peter Li, Humane Society International's China specialist, interviewed by Forbes magazine on animal rights in China - click here - November 2012
- Project Partner Wildlife SOS - interview with Dr Raja - senior vet at Agra bear rescue facility click here- October 2012
- Project Partner Wildlife SOS - remembering Champa click here- October 2012
- Project Partner Wildlife SOS - interview with Dr Arun - senior vet at Bannerghata Bear rescue centre click here- October 2012
- Project Partner ProFauna trains Bali police officers on wildlife law enforcement click here- September 2012
- Project Partner Sanwild had some recent success hand raising a pangolin. watch the video here - September 2012
- Friends of the National Parks Foundation (FNPF) Kalimantan, Borneo - January - June 2012 click here
- Education for Nature - Vietnam (ENV) has launched a new webpage aimed at raising awareness amongst the Vietnamese public about consumption of rhino horn in Vietnam. read more (download pdf)
- Education for Nature - Vietnam (ENV) - August 2012 Crime Bulletin (PDF 127.7 KB)
- Notorious Tiger poacher, Bheema Bawaria arrested with Tiger skins and bones, live turtles and elephant body parts. This was an 18 month effort by Project Partner Wildlife SOS. click here
- The latest report from the Bali Sea Turtle Society project at Kuta Beach - Download PDF
- The West Kilimanjaro Conservation Project 25th Bi-annual report October 2011 to March 2012 With the rise in poaching across Africa it shows how effective anti poaching patrols can be. click here
- Street Dogs in Bhutan - Halfway there: Having successfully reached approximately 50% of street dogs in Bhutan with a model spay/neuter and vaccination program, HSI has been invited to extend the work there for an additional three years - Click here
- Update on HSI's work to protect orang-utans from our Project Partners ProFauna - Click here.
- Sanwild featured in South African Getaway Magazine - download PDFs of page one (2.47MB) and page two (2.98MB).
"Merry Christmas 2011! TCC would like to wish all the best will come to your family" Sincerely, TCC, Thai, and Sarad!
- Friends of the National Parks Foundation (FNPF) Kalimantan, Boreno - May - August 2011 update click here
- Friends of the National Parks Foundation (FNPF) Nusa Penida Bali - May - August 2011 update click here
- HSI partner Painted Dog Conservation's November 2011 Project Update. Click here.
- Education for Nature-Vietnam (ENV) October Wildlife Crime bulletin. Click here
- Monthly reports for the Zambia Primate Project in Kafue National Park, Zambia, which HSI is co-funding with Born Free. Download reports for August 2011 and September 2011
- ProFauna in Indonesia have recently been working to encourage local police to take action against the illegal sale of protected animal species click here
- Latest update on Champa The Elephant Queen at the "Elephant Haven" Agra click here
- Friends of the National Parks Foundation (FNPF) Kalimantan, Boreno - January - April 2011 update click here
- Friends of the National Parks Foundation (FNPF) Nusa Penida Bali - January - April 2011 update click here
- Healed in Haiti - A "Tail" of Compassion - HSUS Haiti Project Coordinator Chris Brougton-Bossong shares a positive story from Haiti click here
- Education for Nature-Vietnam (ENV)s May Wildlife Crime bulletin. Click here
- Rescued Leopard arrives at Junnar Leopard Centre - Wildlife SOS. Click here.
- Wildlife SOS conduct successful leopard rescue from well in Maharashtra. Click here.
- HSI Project Partners, Pro Fauna Indonesia, produce findings in 2010 report on the Trade of Sea Turtle Eggs in Kalimantan and receives a positive response from the Indonesian government click here
- Update on the residents at Wildlife SOS's Agra Elephant Sanctuary click here
- Recent report from HSI Project Partner, Wildlife SOS India, highlighting their effective anti-poaching work. Click here.
- November 2010 update from HSI Zimbabwean Project Partners, Painted Dog Conservation - download PDF (188 kB)
- 22nd Bi-annual report from The West Kilimanjaro Conservation Project, supported by HSI - download PDF (2774.7 kB)
- Boytjie on the rise - an update on Sanwild's resident white rhino. Click here.
- Update from Friends of the National Parks Foundation on Nusa Penida download PDF (2384.1 kB)
- News from the Friends of the National Parks Foundation in Borneo: April - June 2010 download PDF (1756.3 kB)
- Photos of our spring baby's in Sanwild - November 2010 click here
- Latest news from our Project Partners at ProFauna Bali The Inseparable Sea Turtles and Bali Island - October 2010 - download PDF (153.5 kB)
- Over one hundred animal rescues for Wildlife SOS at the Commonwealth Games -October 2010. Click here.
- The efforts of Wildlife SOS at the Commonwealth Games featured on BBC News - 'Snakes found near Commonwealth athletes' village'. Watch video.
- Latest news from our Project Partners at Sanwild Wildlife Sanctuary in South Africa. Download PDF (4709 kB)
- Latest news on Painted Dog Conservation program partner activities in Zimbabwe. . Download PDF (6506.1 kB)
- Latest news from Vietnam, including progress on freshwater turtle education project funded by HSI. Download PDF (947.3 kB)
- View the latest news on wildlife trade from our Project Partners in Vietnam. Download PDF (1052 kB)
- HSI supports issue of major identification guide and film in Vietnam to combat illegal turtle trade - April 2010. Download PDF (47.5 kB)
- Wildlife law enforcement training supported by HSI pays dividends in Indonesia - February 2010. Click here.
- HSI partner Painted Dog Conservation reports with the first project update of the year. Download PDF (2562 kB)
- HSI Project Partner in Zamibia, Lunga Luswishi Wildlife, report on their primate projects with a 2009/10 activity summary. Download PDF (962 kB)
- ProFauna Bali receives press from West Australian newspaper on their project work with endangered sea turtles - April 2010. Click here.
- HSI partner Education for Nature Vietnam (ENV) opens new turtle conservation centre - March 2010. Download PDF (126 kB)